Monday, August 3, 2009

End of week one

I did actually work out last week. i just didn't have time to write about it. Wednesday was a rest day. I kinda switched the schedule around since I work on Wed. and am on my feet for 8 hours and cant' run afterwards. We were headed out to go camping for the weekend so I planned on swimming in the lake for one of my cross training days. I ran Thursday with a friend for 40 minutes easy. Not a bad run. On Friday I tried swimming in the lake. I'm not a bad swimmer, actually I'm okay. However, it's been at least a year since I've even tried to swim more than a lap in a pool, let alone swim in a lake with waves. And I was supposed to do 30 minutes of cross training. yeah, that didn't happen. I did about 15 minutes and was so tired that I figured that was enough. On Saturday I ran 6 miles. It felt good most of the way. When I started it sucked, but then it always does. I had to run by myself since there wasn't anyone else to run with me, that made it suck even more, but I did it. I talked to myself part of the way, since the pace was supposed to be conversational. It was better than nothing.

No comments: