Saturday, August 29, 2009

End of week 5

Wednesday I had to work, so I made it a rest day. Probably should have done something, but I didn't. Thursday I went for a nice long bike ride. It actually felt good. Had to work on Friday as well, planned to do some yoga when I got home, but didn't. O well. My friends that were going to run the 1/2 with me have decided to do another one that is in 2 weeks instead of 5. Uh, yeah, I'm not doing that. I need all 5 weeks to get MENTALLY ready to run this stupid thing. So, I may be running by myself, I may not. I'll definitely be training by myself and that just royally sucks. Friday my husband and I went to the running store. I mean a REAL running store, where they have a CLUE about what you need to run. Spent at least an hour there trying on shoes and getting the right ones that will help me to run well. The only problem was that I have big feet and they didn't have my size and had to order the ones that I need. So I will get them on Thursday, probably. As for todays run, well that sucked too. It was only 6 miles, not too long on the whole grand scheme of things, seeing as how we did 8 last week. But I was exhausted, by miles 6 I was ready to be done. Not sure if it's the fact that my shoes have broken down too much or if I'm just overdoing it. sigh. such is my life. I'm hoping this week will be better. I have to switch running days around, because I had to switch my work schedule around because of class. So I'm not sure what I am going to be doing in what order now. like usual.

No comments: